We’re 14 percent through.
- The biggest story of the weekend is the white supremacist/neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where monsters shed innocent blood because they want to mistreat people based on the color of their skin. “This Is the Bleakest Moment for America in My Lifetime.”
- I now expect Trump to use nuclear weapons on another country sometime during his term. I am so, so sorry. (And no, turns out it’s not Bill Clinton’s fault.)
- The ACA was saved through civil resistance. Despite Heller, Capito, etc. caving, in the end, we had the votes, and they didn’t.
- “Thank you for the beatings, Putin-sama.”
- What the world thinks:
“He has no historical view. He is only dealing with these issues now, and seems to think the world started when he took office,” a diplomat told BuzzFeed News, pointing to Trump’s remarks and tweets about defense spending. “He thinks that NATO existed only to keep the communists out of Europe. He has a similar attitude in Asia-Pacific with Japan, ignoring that the US basically wrote their constitution.” During his presidential campaign, Trump called out Japan to pay more for the security US provides, including for hosting the US troops in the country. Japan’s constitution restricts its military options.
They also believe Trump’s foreign policy is chiefly driven by an obsession with unraveling Barack Obama’s policies. “It’s his only real position,” one European diplomat said. “He will ask: ‘Did Obama approve this?’ And if the answer is affirmative, he will say: ‘We don’t.’ He won’t even want to listen to the arguments or have a debate. He is obsessed with Obama.”
- Trump is a massive cock.
- There’s a pushy, pushy poll showing that some Republicans are OK with postponing elections if Trump does it. The number should be zero.
- For those who despair, Democrats have been cleaning up in state special elections, most recently in Iowa. Going by the thesis that conservatives’ main motive is pissing off liberals, perhaps it’s best to make every race as low-profile as possible? No more messiahs.
- Voter suppression is still a massive problem, though. I’m trying to learn more about this — will the courts be our main tool of resistance? What is Let America Vote planning?
- Nina Turner is a hack obsessed with idiot publicity stunts. Whatever potential Our Revolution had will be squandered by her.
- In a small victory, Jeffrey Lord has been fired after tweeting unambiguous Nazi stuff. Hallelujah.
- I look forward to DNA code becoming a mainstay of techno-thrillers for years to come.
- Asshole calls half his coworkers biologically inferior, claims persecution for being fired. It’s gaslighting.
- Of course, David Brooks comes out with another worthless take. Why must The New York Times let him get away with it?
Any woman that works in sports journalism will tell you that at some point in her life, she has been subjected to a quiz by someone who thinks they know more about sports than she does. It could be someone close to them, like a friend or family member, or someone that she’s just met, like a guy in a bar, your barista or mechanic.
- Eli Manning should be given the Nobel Peace Prize and the Presidential Medal of Freedom, preferably on the same day that Tom Brady is tried at the Hague.
- Modern singing may be ruining our singers. Maybe.
- It’s from a while back, but Disney villains now have their own postage stamp series. Government is good.
- Not funny, Onion. 😦