Thank you for your patience.
- Probably the most disgusting story from the last five days is Steve King’s embrace of white supremacy. Has Iowa no shame?
- The Russian ambassador sure is forgettable for such a popular guy.
- Remember, Trump has done nothing you can point to as evidence that he isn’t compromised by Russian interests.
- The smoke is overwhelming.
- They lie to us because they have no respect for us.
- Trump is already the worst president in American history.
- Trumpcare is an utter disgrace, and the Republicans know it.
- If there’s one thing that can help us in saving the ACA, it’s Trump’s lack of interest in actually presiding over the country he’s responsible for.
- Villain team-ups never work out.
- There are a whole bunch of vacancies in the federal government that Trump has no intention of filling, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t infesting federal agencies with his cronies.
- When I think of wastes of money, I think of disease control and public health.
- Evangelical Christians do not know what persecution is.
- Chris Christie actually proposed something, er, good. Huh.
- Vox discussed a study that categorized candidate ads by whether they were about policy or personality. Ignoring the facts that the media never covered policy during the election, and that Trump’s defective personality definitely should have been attacked, the study found that Trump’s ads in 2016 were more about policy than Obama’s in 2008. I’m sorry, but that methodology must have some grievous errors.
- It’s been eclipsed by things even worse, but the Daily Caller is still a worthless virtual rag.
- For your perusal: the Town Hall project.
- International Women’s Day happened while I was not posting. Read some horrible, dumb comments powerful men have made about women.
- Have you ever wondered about the origin of “scientist”? It was coined to describe a woman.
- From The Ringer:
They loaded into a car, Tiara drifting off to sleep while Patience and Akyra bounced to the radio. Right around midnight, they pulled up and saw the building. They grabbed each other and squealed. The sign stood high and bright, inviting. This was it. This was perfect. The club was called Pulse.
- Dentistry really shouldn’t be so segregated from the rest of medicine, but some accidents of history have caused it to be. It’s an interesting article!
- TurboTax is great, but the problems it solves are partly of its own creation. Support Elizabeth Warren’s bill.
- Britain sucks. More on that later.
- Articles about 1-seeds and 16-seeds that omit Princeton-Georgetown also suck.
- Robert Sikoryak is a lunatic who adapted the iTunes Terms and Conditions into a graphic novel that pays homage to various comic book legends. Check it out.
- The Nintendo Switch cannot be used near aquariums. The Nintendo Switch is a failure.
- I know how you feel, God. I know how you feel.
- Your Wikipedia article of the night: “Douglas the camel.” Douglas was a traitor to his country.