The Disaster Artist looks pretty good.
- First there were two, then there were three. And the newest round of ACA repeal is also dead. See you tomorrow!
- When in doubt, privatize Medicare. Paul Ryan is more one-note than a tuning fork.
- Obama’s Iran deal is working and Trump is finding it hard to scrap. I sense a pattern.
- Trump’s ties to Russia go way, way back.
Whether Trump knew it or not, Russian mobsters and corrupt oligarchs used his properties not only to launder vast sums of money from extortion, drugs, gambling, and racketeering, but even as a base of operations for their criminal activities. In the process, they propped up Trump’s business and enabled him to reinvent his image. Without the Russian mafia, it is fair to say, Donald Trump would not be president of the United States.
- You’d think that he would have learned to speak Russian by now. Instead he’s meeting with Putin without bringing an interpreter, or any staff for that matter.
- I knew that the Republicans control Michigan’s legislature through gerrymandering, but I didn’t realize how bad it was. I hope this ballot initiative goes somewhere.
In 2012, Michigan Democrats received 52% of the votes cast for state House, but won 46% of the seats. In 2014, Democrats received 51% of the votes for state House and won 43% of the seats. And in 2016, Democrats received just under 50% of the votes for state House, and again won 43% of the seats.
In congressional races in 2016, Democrats received 47% of the votes, but won just 36% of the seats, records show.
- Fare thee well, J.D. Martinez.