Man, I don’t know why I’ve been updating so sporadically. I haven’t even been that busy.
- The Pete Campbell strategy of selling Trumpcare is off to a dismal start. But selling something with a 17% approval rating is going to be tough, and that’s before you start arresting people with disabilities for protesting their own imminent deaths.
- That said, this bill is dangerously close to passing, so make your calls!
- Now we know that a Republican operative was actively seeking Hillary’s emails — and didn’t care if a foreign government were the source. Drip drip drip.
- I’m glad that states are pushing back against Trump’s not-at-all-suspicious request for every voter’s personal information. But if yours hasn’t yet, call your Secretary of State!
- Neil Gorsuch sucks and is dishonest. Perfect timing now that Texas is chipping away at Obergefell. Everyone who takes a job, even a non-stolen one, from Donald Trump is inherently suspect.
- Every day a new blow to basic decency. There’s just not much to say anymore.
- “I Don’t Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People”
- Think of all the journalists, documentarians, social issue filmmakers and more who work to make the world a better place. Then think about James O’Keefe, who uses his power for evil, to spread misery and ruin lives. Death is too good for him.
- Speaking of journalism, The New York Times, being garbage, is firing a bunch of copy editors. They will rerget this!
- This 10 Commandments statue saga is one of the funniest vandalism-related stories I’ve read in a while. Michael Tate Reed is a man on a mission.
- In the words of a Facebook friend, “I can’t wait for Cuomo to run for president so he can get completely clowned on how poorly he’s run the subways.”
- Yet Cuomo is still much, much better than Chris Christie, king of the rat bastards.
- I don’t understand everything about California’s single-payer fight, but the news is unpromising, and the bill appears to be a waste of time (funding mechanisms are not something you fix in post!). The Trump era, unfortunately, will see more triage than advancement.
- I suppose we’re on a state government kick. Elbridge Gerry of gerrymandering fame pronounced his last name like “Gary,” or “gill,” or the incorrect way of saying “GIF.” Now you know!
- The “Progressive Liberal” is a hilarious wrestling heel, and I wish him all the success in the world.
- “Teethpaste” is not a word, and per Merriam-Webster, there is no reason it should be. But it might be fun to bust it out on occasion.
- I liked Steven Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds,” but how on earth did the good people of Wikipedia decide to use that movie as an example for “happy ending”?
- And finally, I have been informed that posting links on Facebook 50 times a day is a sign that you are a spreader of fake news. This post, however, only has 27 links, so I am in the clear!