Been an eventful couple of days. Let us think back on better times with an all-time classic GIF (pronounced “jiff”).
- Trumpcare is antithetical to our values as a democracy. It’s antithetical to our values as human beings. And it’s close to becoming law. All hands!
- “Obstruction of Justice” is going to be a popular fantasy football team name someday.
- Even Pence is lawyering up. Both of our highest government officials are lawyering up. This must never become normal.
- Some justice for the Flint water catastrophe continues to be meted out. But Rick Snyder will go free.
- I commend the Capitol Police for saving many lives at the Congressional Baseball Game shooting. If fewer guns are out on the streets, our cops won’t have to be in such danger.
- Why are the Democrats filing emoluments lawsuits and not talking about Russia? This is why Trump won.
- But seriously, Trump won in large part because of voter suppression. This is one area where we Democrats must go on the offensive, for both our sake and the country’s.
- Jared Kushner’s business interests in Jersey City are in trouble. Elections have consequences.
- Chris Christie has sunk far below the 27% mark to a subterranean 15% approval rating, the lowest in the history of New Jersey. He has completely earned it.
- It’s hard to find good people willing to work for Donald Trump. Hence the clown he put forth for the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Whoever is left at Foggy Bottom released our documents about the 1953 Iran coup, one of our worst sins in the foreign policy realm. The effects resonate to this day.
- If you have driven our nation’s highways, you’ve seen those signs near each exit that show you where you can eat, sleep, fill up, frolic, etc. Now learn about how they get put up, how much they cost, etc. Long story short, government is good.
- So, a Buffalo Bill named Shareece Wright took an Uber all the way from Chicago to Buffalo after missing his flight. But the driver turned out to be the star of the show. Read this rare story about Uber that doesn’t leave me angry.
- The Onion nails another sports story. It’s a conspiracy, I tell you.
- Finally, to come full circle, it’s the 30th anniversary of the GIF, and Vox is celebrating in style. Though they don’t know how to pronounce it.