The draft was last night! Let’s laugh at the Bears!
- Michael Flynn appears to be in deep, deep trouble. The Department of Defense investigation should not be wholly beholden to Trump like the Senate’s or House’s. (h/t Betty Cracker)
- When I think of states that the rest of our country should emulate, I think of Kansas. Trump’s tax plan sucks.
- Zombie Trumpcare got the votes of the House Freedom Caucus by doing even more things to hurt and kill Americans. The Republican Party.
- The battle between morals and tactics continues. I do think that emphasizing Trump’s incompetence is a decent plan of attack, if for nothing else than depressing Republican turnout.
- Read this great history of the charter school movement, which started in Minnesota of all places. The conception originally advanced by the teachers’ unions, essentially unionized educational pilot programs, still seems pretty good. But there cannot be profit in it. (h/t Erik Loomis)
- Unroll.me is a great service for consolidating the emails that clutter my inbox. It also sells my private data to companies like Uber. I am sad. 😦
- I don’t know how the NFL manages to be so successful. I guess the product is still a winner.
- Now in the dictionary: “sheeple”! I’m not sure how to feel about this.
- Tropes vs. Women in Gaming has ended with a video on female sidekicks. It was a pretty good series.
- Finally, a Wikipedia article: “New York Bight.” If you don’t know what bights are, they’re bays, but cooler.