In pace requiescat, Jonathan Demme.
- What’s on the way? Tax cuts for the rich? Who could have expected that?
- If we get through this intact, it’ll be because of the hard work we’ve done to fight. Slate made a list of the people who’ve been doing so. Needs more women, but it’s not bad.
- Republicans exempting themselves (h/t ShakeZula) from the horrible things they’re about to do to the ACA reminds me of the best episode of its original passage:
If you love Obamacare so much, why aren’t you on it?
They AMEND the bill to put members of Congress on the exchanges.
Yes please, fuckers!
They PASS the bill anyway.
- Not only is Trump defiling the figurative monument that is the Presidency, he’s also going after our official National Monuments.
- Ivanka Trump is as rotten as her father. I’m horribly worried that future presidents and their families will also profit off the office like this.
- Some genius/sicko made a Watchmen-style comic about the last election. Look on their work, ye mighty, and despair!
- Thanks to the hard work of Fight for 15 and others, 15$/hour is the new baseline for a prospective minimum wage increase. Well done.
- The bright sun brought it to light. The founder of TheRedPill has been found, and surprise, surprise, he’s a Republican.
- Clive Staples Lewis was a real dick. Read what he had to say about Walt Disney and his masterpiece, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- This world made room for ClickHole. It can’t be all bad.