Another country may have learned from our terrible example!
- History will revile James Comey. History will revile the Republican Party. But only if we are still around to tell the truth.
- Donald Trump has done lots of racism and no populism whatsoever, but his voters still love him. When do we get to stop calling him a populist? (h/t Betty Cracker)
- The first vote that Neil Gorsuch cast on the Supreme Court was to kill people. But think of how qualified he was!
- Bill O’Reilly once wrote a revenge fantasy where one of his self-inserts murders a bunch of people and has sex with a beautiful woman while another self-insert hunts for the murderous self-insert and has sex with the same beautiful woman. Jia Tolentino read it so you don’t have to. (I’ve read it. It’s… OK.)
- Ijeoma Oluo gave Rachel Dolezal the interview she deserved.
- Florida, never change. Actually, please change, a whole lot.
- The Carbuncle Cup is a wonderfully named award for ugly buildings. Kate Wagner of McMansion Hell (you should follow that blog!) wrote an article on it.
- “Steve” should not be a name for atmospheric phenomena. Everybody knows that “Phillip” is the correct terminology.