Almost 6% (or 3%) done with the Trump regime!
- He’s gotten the taste for bombing. Bin Laden won. May God help us all.
- It’s not just Syria, and it’s not just Afghanistan. It’s everywhere.
- Turns out the entire Western Hemisphere knew about Trump’s collusion with the Russians, which, again, he didn’t bother to hide at all. (h/t DougJ)
- Trump is willing to kill Americans to force the Democrats to help him… kill Americans. This man should be living in a septic tank.
- Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam was found dead in the Hudson River. I don’t like anything about this.
- The stupid and self-destructive federal hiring freeze is over. A victory.
- I’ve stated that The New York Times deserves to go bankrupt, and I was not kidding whatsoever. Now they’ve hired a climate denialist.
- I’m not sure if Sean Spicer intends to be an idiot, but neo-Nazis love what he’s saying regardless of his thought process. He must go.
- Vox makes a simple, but important point: Despite Trump’s tweeting and the rise of Internet Nazi frogs, it was old people who put him in the White House, and old people don’t use social media. We must find another thing that explains everything horrible.
Evil lurks in the datalinks as it did in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil.
— Sister Miriam Godwinson, The Blessed Struggle
- United is having a bad week. Their ass-covering email was a masterpiece of bureaucratese.
- Speaking of bad English, “let’s go” is secretly an awful, awful phrase. Can you think of any other “‘s” contraction where the “‘s” stands for “us”?
- Continuing to speak of bad English, and looping back to Sean Spicer, his butchery of our noble language has been called out by Dana Milbank.
- Some thoughts from Slate on art, Charging Bull and Fearless Girl.
- Julia is the newest Sesame Street character, and she has autism. They seem to have gotten off to a good start. Also, Autism Speaks is creepy.
- Yesterday was Beverly Cleary’s 101st birthday! Read this touching tribute from last year.
- Yesterday was also National Grilled Cheese Day! April 12 is turning out to be a solid day.
- Finally, the physics of shoelaces! Enjoy Easter Weekend, everyone!