So Syria is the first actual crisis that Trump has to confront. I don’t feel good.
- Reminder that many, many people ostensibly on the left saw Donald Fucking “Kill Their Families” Trump as the candidate of peace.
- Don’t worry, though, we have a functional State department and… oh, wait.
- Merrick Garland’s seat has been stolen, after the Democrats did the right thing and filibustered the Gorsuch nomination. This is an American tragedy.
- Devin Nunes is stepping away from the Russia probe. His replacement doesn’t appear to be much better than him.
- On the bright side, it seems that the “President Bannon” stuff actually worked.
- Steve Bannon is a Gamergater. Bad attracts bad.
- The first gay Army secretary is being replaced by an anti-gay zealot. Elections matter, people.
- Jon Ossoff has raised an insane amount of money for the special election in GA-6, money that he might not be able to finish spending. So send some cash the way of Rob Quist, in Montana.
- “Brexit, Pursued by Despair.” Great headline, or GREATEST headline?
- “Interior Dept. changes website from family visiting park to a giant pile of coal.” Real headline, or REALEST headline? (UPDATE: I guess they changed it again out of shame.)
- Prep schools are weird places. A story about posture, nude photos and “progress.”
- In pace requiescat, Mr. Potato Head.