- Two amateurs utterly convinced of their talents are going to be negotiating for us with the Chinese government. This will end well.
- A while back, being a good paranoid liberal, I wondered what would happen if Trump nominated a decent human being for the Supreme Court. Neil Gorsuch is not a problem for me in that area.
- David Anderson at Balloon Juice does great writing on healthcare policy. For instance, some of the implications of implementing Medicare for All.
- If you saw my
RussiaAmerica screed yesterday, it was inspired in part by this post from BooMan.
- Detroit has improved emergency response times drastically, mostly by training firefighters as first responders. But at what cost? (Read the comments.)
- Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day: “gimcrack.” It’s pretty good.