Back to the fight.
- The automation “crisis” is going to get worse: 38% of jobs in America could be replaced within 15 years. Forget The Right to be Lazy, the necessity to be lazy may be upon us. We have to do something. (h/t Erik Loomis at Lawyers, Guns & Money).
- Donald Trump is the culmination of everything the GOP has been moving toward since, arguably, the Nixon administration. Nothing matters but winning, dominance and sticking it to liberals. No wonder he doesn’t care about actual governance.
- I thought it was obvious that anyone who insists on their greatness is not really so great. But more than 60 million people didn’t know this, or were OK with it. I’m sad.
- If you’ve been wondering about how exactly Trump and Tom Price might go about sabotaging the ACA through the executive branch, David Anderson at Balloon Juice has you covered. The next battle will be fought for the cost sharing reduction subsidies which made silver plans the best deals on the exchanges.
- Call your Senators and ask them to filibuster Neil Gorsuch! Or call to thank them for filibustering Neil Gorsuch! How will you know which action to take? Check the list.
- Steven Mnuchin seems to be Trump-lite in terms of creepiness and corruption. Where do they find these assholes?
- Trump’s chosen a horribly anti-gay, anti-trans zealot to run the fucking civil rights office at HHS. There’s always more bad news.
- The au pair program has some problems.
- Awesome Wikipedia article of the day: “Sneakernet”
In September 2009, Durban company Unlimited IT reportedly pitted a messenger pigeon against South African ISP Telkom to transfer 4 GB of data 60 miles (97 km) from Howick to Durban. The pigeon, carrying the data on a memory stick, arrived in one hour eight minutes, with the data taking another hour to read from the memory stick. During the same two-hour period, only about 4.2% of the data had been transferred over the ADSL link.