Stella was here. I was kind of disappointed.
- I was also a little disappointed in Rachel Maddow’s story on Trump’s tax returns. But revolutions take time. This is a start.
- Trumpcare should primarily be seen as a destruction of Medicaid so wealthy people can pay less in taxes. Robbing and killing the poor to feed the rich. (h/t Scott Lemieux at Lawyers, Guns & Money)
- Steve King continues to be a delusional racist.
- Corey Lewandowski is running a protection racket for companies that don’t want Trump to tweet about them. Donald J. Trump is the worst president in American history. (h/t Anne Laurie at Balloon Juice)
- The Chinese company Anbang, which may or may not be owned by the government, is forgiving 200,000,000$ of debt that Jared Kushner owes on the property they just bought. And the Kushners are retaining a stake. How generous!
- Joe Barton, Republican from Texas, is the kind of guy who tells his own constituents to shut up. Wouldn’t you feel proud to have him represent you in Congress?
- Meet the woke misogynist:
“His true kink seemed to be tricking her into it.”
- FiveThirtyEight has a fun article about the difficulties of colonizing Mars. I always liked the idea of sending a souped-up zeppelin to float in the atmosphere of Venus.