The world comes at you fast these days.
- David Frum on “How to Build an Autocracy.” The trick isn’t to kill your opponents. It’s to get the huddled masses to stop caring.
- According to Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the nation’s top lawyer, people who commit perjury must be removed from office. I guess that settles that.
- Every once in a while you get a metaphor whose truth is so clear that it clarifies reality for you. Josh Marshall came up with one such metaphor for the Trump-Russia connection. Where are the tax returns?
- Trump just doesn’t value the State department. (h/t dnexon at Lawyers, Guns & Money)
- Sunayana Dumala, the widow of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, killed in Kansas last week, wrote a heartbreaking eulogy for her husband.
- I’m interested in seeing the list of Trump people that didn’t associate with Russia. Because you can take Donald Jr. off that list.
- Mike Bost (R-IL) has some odd conceptions about “the Orientals.” Jesus Christ.
- From 1976 to 1987, red M&M’s did not exist! A semi-facetious campaign was responsible for restoring them. Small miracles.
- Your Wikipedia article of the day: “Presidential M&M’s.”