Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is a liar and a traitor to his country. LOCK HIM UP!
- If you’re a Beltway pundit, you might have found Trump’s exploitation of a widow’s grief, grief that was caused entirely by him, to be presidential and inspiring. If you’re anybody else, you found it revolting. My skin crawled, figuratively.
- Covering a coherent speech by Trump like it excuses all his monstrous behavior isn’t just dishonest. It removes all incentive for other politicians to behave better.
- The ACA covers 666,000 people in Michigan. A demonic failure indeed.
- From what I’ve seen of the TPP, it was a bad deal. But measuring it against no trade agreement at all, or a trade agreement that excludes us in favor of the humanitarian paradise of China, I wonder if it was the best deal.
- Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is a racist. (h/t Anne Laurie at Balloon Juice)
- Australia is going to kill Christmas Island’s feral cats with poison dropped from drones. The history of animal control in Australia is pretty gnarly.
- Outside has a great article about green organizations like the Sierra Club talking about racism and inequality — and confronting their own sins in those areas.
- Be very careful if you go ziplining. Those injuries sound awful.
- The James Webb telescope is going to be awesome!
- During World War II, The OSS published a guide on simple sabotage for the common man, which remains eerily relevant today.
Cry and sob hysterically at every occasion, especially when confronted by government clerks.
The burden of trying to “pass,” of trying to erase an aspect of oneself, is not rendered null by the success of evasion. Instead, it makes impostors out of the innocent, forcing on them an inauthenticity and a duplicity that is lacking in justice, rife with cruelty. After the immediate hurdles and checkpoints have been crossed, the bags unpacked and the clothes tossed in the laundry, the stain of shame, of having pretended to be someone else, of having disguised a crucial part of oneself, is left behind. It is that part, raw and bleeding, that hurts. It is not simply those who are actually stopped who are maimed, but all those like them forced into pretense by legal injustice.